Levi is doing great. He is starting to really get the hang on nursing. There are still rough moments, but he's getting better, and mama's getting better and that all helps. He is sleeping at night like a pro. Last night he gave us 2 3 hour stretches. He ate at midnight, then at 3:30, and not again until 6:30, which we were up by then for Mike to head to work. If I could manage to stay up until midnight it would have felt like just one feeding in the night, which is awesome.
My one question for all of you out there... I seem to have a clogged duct or two. I've tried massage, I've tried hot water in the shower. I've tried a heat compress (I've had the most success with this)... I'm going to try pumping, but I haven't had much luck in the pumping department yet... anyone have any ideas for me??
Really, we just are feeling blessed by his little life, and our dear friends who have been so gracious in providing meals for us so we don't have to worry about eating. Mike is back to work today, and I'm flying solo. I'm feeling better and better, and it's getting easier to move around. Next week, I actually have 2 concerts I'm playing for so that will keep us busy, and Levi will be getting his first babysitting experience, and probably first bottle as well.
The picture is of Levi's first trip out. 5 days old, heading to church. He did great! And on that note... that whole sleeping eating thing? We're to the eat portion of our day.. :)
2 comments:
Thinking about and praying for you guys today, Jen. :)
As for the clogged ducts thing, if they're not painful just keep doing what you're doing. I had one with Lydia that was there for 6 weeks or so, but it wasn't painful and eventually cleared up on its own. If they are painful, just keep feeding him as regularly as possible, it can take awhile for your supply to regulate and it sounds like you're doing all the right things. :) I would probably avoid pumping unless he sleeps through what would normally be a feeding time, since pumping extra causes you to produce MORE which can lead to engorgement and more soreness/blockage.
So glad to hear he's sleeping well for you, that helps so much!
I second what Liz said about the pumping...the more you pump, the more milk your body will think it needs and it will cause more problems. Try a hot bath, and rest:)
Post a Comment