15 May, 2009

Jesus and Groceries

This is our car seat.




I really LOVE it. It's one of the highest rated seats on the market, I feel like it keeps him safe, I love how deep he sits in it. I wouldn't trade it for anything.


Now, I have only attempted grocery shopping one other time by myself since having Levi. It just scares me. So, today I was feeling brave enough to go at it again. See, the thing about the aforementioned lovely carseat? It's so deep, that it doesn't fit on the top of carts, I have to put it in the basket which makes shopping, well. difficult.

No worries though, right? Remember Meijer has these carts with built in car seats? I'll just take Levi in and put him in that. So, I unbuckled him, we traversed into the store to find out that oh.. we don't have those anymore, ma'am. um.. okay. I was a little annoyed at the situation, but there wasn't much I could do.

Thankfully, I had my sling (thanks to my friend Liz, which by the way she makes and sells them) in Levi's diaper bag. I pulled it out and grocery shopped with him in the sling. He did pretty well, and eventually fell asleep. As a side note, I think the looks you get from people when you wear your kid are about the funniest thing there is. They all say.. wow that's such a neat idea, and I always feel like saying.. uh yeah... it's been around for a while, ever been to a 3rd world country?

Anyway, I finished shopping, checked out using the self scan because the actual lines where you speak with a real person had about 5 people per line. We managed okay, the meijer employee helped me bag some of my groceries...anyway, i finished and headed to the car. I passed a woman loading her grocery and we exchanged smiles, I've noticed people pay a lot more attention to you when you have a baby. I unlocked our van and proceeded to get things organized, because I've got said kid strapped to me soundly asleep. I was trying to figure out, unload kid then load groceries, or load groceries then unload kid, when, this lady came over to me, and said, can I help you load your groceries? now that, friends, is Jesus at the grocery store. She kindly loaded all of my groceries, and took my cart back to the chorale thing for me.

That lady blessed my heart today....
and I only hope that someone blesses her today as well...
So what about you, where have you seen Jesus today?


oh and a total side note.. i made hummus today from ths recipe

i am in love.

6 comments:

Liz K said...

sounds like you are turning into quite the granola mama! :) Hummus! Love it! And yes, it's funny people's reactions when you wear your baby...I have started wearing Elliot in a wrap and people are always asking about! So nice that lady helped you out! Wonderful1

Liz K said...

Check out

http://babywearing.wallypop.net/infohowto.html

It has tons of ways to use your ring sling and carry the kids differently...you can actually put Levi facing out with it...I do with Elliot sometimes.

As for granola...I have a recipe from Hannah, but I am not thrilled with it. So, no, I haven't found one yet. Let me know if you do.

Liz K said...

We actually use disposables at night because of the leaking factor. I have heard that hemp liners are really good, and was thinking about trying some, but don't know yet. Got any good deals on them?

Jessica said...

Amazing, isn't it? Sometimes I get so caught up in thinking that there are no more good people out there, but that's just plain not true. They're not always easy to find, but they ARE there! Thanks for sharing!! :)

(On a side note, I have read that it is not wise to put a baby car seat on the top of shopping carts anyway because it greatly increases the risk of it tipping over. We never put ours up there anymore.)

Rebecca said...

thanks for sharing your lovely story. so glad you were blessed today. it is so nice to know there are still good people out there. and i also get lots of comments and stares when i wear nadia.

Liz said...

I've had this happen too, what a blessing! Thanks for sharing. :)