26 May, 2009

Levi =.....

Right after Levi was born we were um... well sleep deprived.
When Levi wakes in the night to eat, Mike's job is to get said kid from crib and bring him to me to feed him. There were many funny moments, at least they are funny now, right after he was born. What we quickly discovered was that Mike does NOT do well on lack of sleep. You see, Levi has become several inanimate objects in the middle of the night.
He was a...
alarm clock
dvd remote
a pillow
a blanket
etc etc

Mike would always hand me things he thought was Levi, except said kid was screaming in the other room, meanwhile, Mike was gently, ever so gently, handing me the remote which of course I um... nicely, or rather not so nicely, informed him was NOT Levi. Mike hasn't handed me anything but Levi in a long time, except for last night.

Levi started crying, and I rolled over and nudged Mike to wake him up, and he got up... walked around the bed, turned off the baby monitor and walked back around and crawled into bed, as if to say.. I made it stop.. let's go back to sleep.
Yeah, that didn't fly for me or for the kid.

and speaking of Levi... he's awaking from the other room...
so today's lesson is this...

remember that your kid does not equal a remote!

4 comments:

Liz K said...

That is too funny! At our worst, I will ask Noah what time it is to figure out what is going on (since I can't see with out contacts or glasses.) He will tell me some ridiculous time because he isn't with it. But I can say, he has never handed me a remote as my baby.

Jessica said...

Too funny! Ben does not do well in the middle of the night either. I remember one time when Lucas was an infant, I got up with him in the middle of the night and Ben started naming off electrical parts and asking me what I needed for him! Nope, the kid is not a circuit breaker! :)

Rebecca said...

haha, that is so funny! jonathan does funny things like that in the night, too!

sonya said...

I think men are just wired differently....that's why there are mommies!