02 June, 2009

crying = sleepless nights

tell me it gets worse before it gets better.

please.


Levi was up every 2 hours last night. S.C.R.E.A.M.I.N.G.
We never gave in. I made him wait 8 hours to eat
but the mama in me of course kept second guessing..

maybe he didn't eat enough before he went to bed..
maybe he really DOES need to eat..


you know the drill.

so this is what happened...

he ate at 8. went to sleep. woke up at 12:30 fussed for about 15 minutes, settled down. woke up at 2 cried pretty hard for 10ish minutes calmed down. woke up at 3:30 SCREAMING.. continued screaming for 30 minutes before falling asleep. woke up at 5 and it had been more than 8 hours so i fed him.

the 3:30 was just a 1\2 hour early on 8 hours,
but i feel like if we give in at 7 1\2 we will back track again.

i'm so tired this morning.
everything i read says 3-5 days before they get it. we're on day 4. so maybe tonight is the magic night?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It does get better. I promise! We "power feed" before bed - feed every 2 hours until bedtime.

For example, we feed her at 12, 2, 4, 6, 8 and put her to bed. She sleeps until 7. She's 12 weeks old.

It works - I promise! (And then you'll NEVER have to question if they're really hungry or not - because of course they're not!)

Hang in there!