04 June, 2009

Making Progress

That's what we're calling it.

Last night Levi ate at 7:30, fell asleep, and woke up at 9:30. He ate a little, then we put him down for the night. He woke up at 2, crying. The only reason we go into his room is to flip him over. You see, Levi is really great at rolling from his back to his tummy, but he struggles to roll from his tummy to his back. And, he pretty consistently flips to his tummy to sleep at night now, but when he wakes up on his tummy, he is MAD... really mad and he really can't flip himself back, so we succumb and go in and flip him over.

Anyway, it's easier for Mike to go in because mama = milk so it's better if he doesn't see me. So, Mike went in, rolled him to his back, and before he was back in our room, Levi was sound asleep.

Can I get a hip-hip-hooray????

I woke up at 5:27 to the birds chirping (my favorite) and thought... wow.....Levi is going to sleep through until 6 (when the alarm was set to go off), and then, just as if he heard me thinking that, he started crying from the other room. I fed him, and he went back down. I was thrilled, elated, practically jumping up and down.
What it felt like to sleep like that...

and then my... not so morningish husband says...

"Levi, you couldn't wait until 6 to get up?"
(I might add he said this after he slept while I was feeding the kid)
"Seriously?" I responded, "We just got more sleep than we have in the last 4 months, and you're going to complain that we have to get up a 1\2 hour earlier than normal?"
Mike shrugged his shoulders as if to say. YUP. I am. I'm tired and want to sleep a little longer.

My insides said, "too bad, buck-o, get out of bed and be thankful for the sleep you got". But, in an effort to make my grumpy husband less grumpy, I got up, went downstairs, and made us pancakes for breakfast. He changed his tune pretty quickly after that.

We are going camping the end of this month, and our goal is that he is completely sleeping through the night by then.

We're getting there.

No comments: