Mike and I often talk about ways to simplify our lives. We long for days filled with a farm house surrounded by fields, gardens, and a seamlessly ending day. We dream of owning a home on several acres where we can have a big garden, hang clothes outside to dry, where our kids can run and play, where we can explore the woods, catch fireflies, learn about nature, all while bread is rising in the kitchen.
You can dream? Right?
BUT...
How do we logistically make that happen?
How do we combine that with our desire to be in ministry someday.... with my desire to continuing teaching?
How do we combine these dreams and glorify God through the process?
Just thoughts that are swirling around in my head today.
2 comments:
Something that has amazed me about God is that often He gives us the desires of our heart. I never thought I would get to live in a hundred year old house and teach history. I did! I never thought I would get to live in the north woods for a time, and I do! Keep praying, I am amazed at how God works it all out! I can't wait to get to Heaven and see how it all works out!
i'm living proof that you can be in ministry, live in the country, and teach. :) now, i teach my own kids, but still, anything's possible. you pray and you wait, take action when it seems wise, and things happen.
we had to wait years to get here.
Post a Comment