So today has been interesting. All day long I've felt like I'm lunging for the finish line and just can't quite get there. I felt like i've been behind since I got out of bed.
It all started when I found out we had people coming over tonight to our house. I found out late last night. So, this morning, I went into clean mode. I was cleaning up everything and then had to teach a lesson this morning.
Right before the lesson a director I play for called and wanted to set some stuff up. I was on the phone to her when my student arrived. I hustled them in, trying to keep them quiet and was talking with the director. She ended up accidentally hanging up on me. So, i was telling my students what was up and the phone rang. It was my mom just calling to chat. I told her I couldn't. The director called back and we got all of that figured out....WHEW... it was fine just crazy.
So, back to people coming over. I had decided on 2 desserts to make. Both very easy, and no stove involved because I didn't have time for it. I went to the store to get some ingredients. I ran into 2 people I knew so that prolonged my trip, which was fine.
I got home, was going to make Dessert #1 blueberry creamcheese dessert. I went to use my mixer, and some crazy thing happened and it wouldn't work. I was getting really upset. I love my mixer, and just got it for christmas! So, I decided to soak the attachment thing in water and work on the dessert #2 peanut butter rice krispys. I made the rice krispy part. So far so good. Then i went to melt chocolate for the top. It wasn't working, so i decided to microwave it. Meanwhile, I got the mixer working again and decided to start Dessert #1. I was working away on both things and suddenly I hear the smoke alarm going off. I turn around and low and behold the microwave is billowing with smoke! I had caught the chocolate on fire!!! I was climbing around trying to get up to the smoke alarm got it turned off. Got the chocolate out of the microwave, burned my hand, slightly. And in all the commotion... somehow half of dessert #1 ended up on the floor!!!!!
So... I'm quitting for the day! No desserts tonight.... My kitchen looks like a tornado came through ... it's just been one of those days....
3 comments:
Yikes, rough day! Hopefully you can have an enjoyable evening, in spite of it all!
Oh sweetie... tomorrow HAS to be better, on the bright side, right?
oh jen...yuck! Yah, mines been about the same...only mine includes a screaming, clingy 10 month old! What is his deal! Someone please tell me!
Post a Comment