01 February, 2008

Peaceful, Beautiful Snow

Snow days, snow days, who doesn't love a snow day?!?!

I have been scheduled to go to a choir festival in Indiana today with one of the schools that I play for. I was supposed to be gone all day. However,earlier this week, the weather guys started predicting a pretty big snow storm. I kind of suspected that we would get a snow day as they were predicting lots of snow. At first I wasn't sure if we'd get it because I woke up at 3 this morning and there was only about 2 inches of snow, but it came with a punch! :) We have probably 6-8 inches right now and they're expecting 4-8 more inches to fall today.
HOORAY FOR SNOW! :)

I love snow, I love how beautiful it makes the world look. I love that just for a few minutes everything looks peaceful, everything looks just right with the world. I love how it blankets the earth, and just for a moment, a few precious moments, the world stops and enjoys the nature around them.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I agree. One of my favorite things to do is to go for a walk at night in freshly fallen snow. It's so quiet and peaceful. Of course, since the kiddos have been born, I haven't done that in a looong time!

Hooray for your snow day! :)