27 March, 2008

decisions, decisions

I feel good today.. like I could conquer the world.

Mike and I have made a lot of decisions this week. Some were hard, others were easy, but we feel good about them. While I'm not particularly ready to share all of them with the internet world, I am feeling incredibly peaceful about them, and I feel like for the first time, I'm really owning what has happened to us...

We made some pro-active decisions, some self-preservation decisions...
the following is one that i'll share...


Mike and I's anniversary is in 2 weeks.. we have been looking and looking trying to find a place to go. Nothing has seemed "right." We've looked at everything up and down the state of michigan. Yesterday, i was doing some looking, and, for lack of a better word, hit me. Instead of going away for our anniversary, we should save the money for another month, and go away the weekend the baby was due. May 10th... the day before mother's day. So, i spent the day looking, dreaming, wishing. Mike got home, and we talked about it, and both decided it was a really good idea for us. So, we're looking at taking a nice vacation the beginning of May. The dates are not nailed down, or the location, but we do know that this is we want to do.

I was super pumped and looking at everything. I was dreaming big, like DisneyWorld big! However, after talking with Mike, he ever so lovingly pointed out that perhaps disney, a child's magical wonderland, was not the place to be the weekend our baby was due, and he's right. So, while Disney isn't in the works, we are thinking about the mountains of Tennessee.

I'm really excited about it. I think it will be a good time for us to get away, remember our precious baby, while being together, and look forward to the future we WILL have as a family.

So.. that's our decision...

2 comments:

Liz K said...

I love that idea! I think you guys need it and it will be a great time together!

Jessica said...

Sounds like an awesome idea!! :)