23 June, 2008

the crazy weekend

it's been busy.

Friday night I had been at a rehearsal dinner for a wedding I was playing for the next day. I came home around 5:30. I came in and noticed that my grandparents car was running. I didn't think too much of it because they often start their car before they go somewhere. Well, about an hour later April dropped by to pick something up. She came in and said, why is grandma and grandpa's car running? So, I went next door to find out what was going on. My grandma had gone to the store, come home, and never shut the car off. We know it was running for at least an hour, but who knows how much longer.
My grandma had been at the store to pick some stuff up for my Grandpa who has been really sick. Well, we started talking to her, and realized she was feeding him the wrong foods. So, we spent friday night at the store buying foods he COULD eat, and setting up specific shelfs in their apartment for him to eat from.

Saturday I played for a wedding. It was a LOVELY time. We were a little unsure of it going in because it was at our old church, and well, sometimes that can get awkward, but we had a really really lovely time seeing old friends, enjoying an evening out with good food and dancing! :)

Sunday we had the chance to see some good friends from Kentucky! They were up for the weekend, and it just worked out in everyone's schedule. So, Sunday afternoon, we met up with them in Ann Arbor at a Starbucks, drank coffee, and had a good time of fellowship with them.

And this was today...
My grandpa has been really sick for about 5 days now. Yesterday, he fell when he stood up because he has been so weak. Well this morning at 6:30, I hear the car door slam. It's my mom coming next door. Not good at 6:30. So, I went outside to find out what was happening. Well, in the middle of the night my Grandpa fell and cracked his head on the bathroom floor. They were headed to the ER.
The only problem? VBS started at my parents church this morning and my mom was in charge of a group. At 7:30 this morning we decided it would be best for me to step into my mom's shoes since I know the program. So, I ended up going to VBS and running my mom's section this morning. It was a little insane, since I had no idea what was going on!! But, we made it through everthing.

My Grandpa has been admitted to the hospital. He has some bleeding on his brain, and they think he may have had a small stroke. So, we'll take it one step at a time and see what happens.

I think that sums up our weekend... WHEW!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! Were saying prayers for your grandpa! Hope he will be OK!!

LoriLiz said...

Hang on while you ride this rollercoaster. Praying your grandpa will be ok.