this morning i had my 18, (almost 19) week appointment. to say i was nervous is an understatement. I don't know how many times I cried this week thinking about it. I think part of it was because last time we told everyone after a good appointment and at the next appointment we had lost the baby, and we were at that point again.
I was so afraid something was wrong. I still don't feel like I'm showing that much, and this last week the pukies have significantly dropped off. I'm still sick, but I'm having more good days than bad which is welcome relief, but increased my worry I suppose.
Anyway, Praise God for a GREAT appointment. My blood pressure was good, I was measuring right on, and the baby was moving around a whole bunch. He found the heartbeat right away, which helped me breathe a lot easier. I know that if you haven't miscarried you don't understand... but everytime I lay back to have him listen, I think about our miscarriage and that day.. it's just very surreal for me during those moments everytime..... But, we could hear peanut moving around through the doplar. The dr. said this guy is really moving around... you really don't feel anything yet? I said.. uh... nope.... and he just laughed and said, well you will.... soon! :) The heartbeat was really strong, and quite fast. He couldn't get a reading because the baby was moving around so much.
I talked to him about the sickness, and he really wasn't too concerned because I'm basically maintaining my weight. I've gained 2lbs since the start of my pregnancy, but he said it was okay since I wasn't losing weight, but he did say I've probably lost some because I've gained baby. He seemed pleased with that, so I guess I'll just keep truding along in sick-o world!
Hearing the baby made me so excited for THURSDAY. We have our ultrasound then, I can't wait! :) Mike has the day off and I'm just thrilled beyond belief that we get to see our lil' guy moving and wiggling around inside of me. I don't think we will find out; I know, bucking the trend! My dr. asked today if\when my ultrasound was, and he said, oh so you're going to find out, and I said..actually I think we'll wait... and he said.. wow, no one ever waits anymore! :)
So that's it for now...
blissfully on cloud 9 today, knowing our peanut is growing strong and healthy! :)
6 comments:
WAH-HOOOOOOOOOO!
I'm doing a little dance for you :)
Keep us updated, okay?
Hey, who's your doctor?
oh i'm so glad to hear of your great appointment!! sounds like you have quite an active little peanut!
Great news Jen...
We never found out either, even with the twins, which everyone thought was crazy. We both were so glad we had that moment of suspense and surprise to look forward to.
See you in just a couple weeks.
Lori
So glad to hear everything is going well. :)
Excited for you to be feeling movement soon--definitely my favorite part of pregnancy!
Waiting is something I loathe! Is he a Foote (Oh excuse me, ALLEGIANCE HEALTH) doctor?
Those appointments made me sweat and ultimately cry. I honestly don't know how I will handle being pregnant, if that should happen. Miscarrying changes everything from that point forward.
Yay!! So glad things are going well, and that you have been feeling a little better too!
Post a Comment