03 August, 2008

what we've been doing lately

Things we have been up to this summer:

1) Thinking about moving

2) Buying expensive washing machines with extra cycles

3) Taking lots of trips to Lansing

4) Enjoying long summer days and cat naps

5) Eating pickles, tomatoes, and cucumbers

6) Freezing and Canning as much food as I can

7) Spending lots of time with my head in the toilet




After 15 long weeks, we have finally decided to let everyone in our little secret.
WE'RE PREGNANT!!!
We are excited, but definitely more guarded in our hearts this time. However, we are slowly but surely gaining the confidence that this time pregnancy will be different for us. We often said after our miscarriage that the joy and innocence of pregnancy was taken from us. In a way, I think maybe we are still a bit cynical about pregnancy. For us, it never ended in joy, but instead ended in heartache. We have no choice, however, but to trust that God has a plan for us, whatever it may be. We have already had a few scares, but so far, so good. I don't know how else to explain that it's different this time, VERY different. We have become very grateful for EVERY day we have with our precious baby and for that we must be thankful!


So for those of you wondering...
I'm almost 16 weeks now and am due January 20th. We have known since the middle of May that I was pregnant. When May came we so desperately needed a touch from God, saying I'm here, I know you're hurting. Our due date came and went. We both grieved, but I felt like we had finally both come to a place where we were okay with everything. Little did we know, that I was pregnant at the time. A week later, we found out, and I'm just continuously thankful for the love of our Father, and the ways He provides for us and touches us with His love and grace.


So that's our long awaited news....
pregnant, cautiously optimistic, and looking forward to january.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

oh jen...congratulations!! i am so so happy for you! and praying for you! i know i have felt different with this pregnancy, too and things are going great so far! congrats again!!
ccccccvvllibertybb (that's from my daughter liberty...she likes to type and have me tell her letters to type (which is why her name appears in her typing).

Jessica said...

Yay again!! :)

The Scott Household said...

Congratulations again :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Jen and Mike!