06 August, 2008

zoo and the fair

I am currently annoyed with photobucket and rockyou. Both websites I use to post pictures and for whatever crazy reason, I haven't been able to get either to work for me for the last 2 days....

So.. for now, I'll write about our trips and post a couple pics and maybe just maybe when it starts working again, I'll post the slideshow I made.


The Zoo:


On Saturday April and Brian and Mike and I headed to the Detroit Zoo for April's birthday. We left bright and early and were at the zoo by 9:30. We enjoyed spending the day walking around the zoo, although the zoo is NOT well laid out at least that's what we decided. We had to go back and forth and backtrack and it was NOT fun. But, the animals were fun. We saw giraffes, zebras, kangaroos, polar bears, seals, eagles, armadillos, penguins and lots more fun animals! :)


We came back to Jackson and went out to eat at a new Wings place in town. It's kind of a knock off of Buffalo Wild Wings. It was really yummy, and then we topped it off with dessert from Maggie Moo's. What a GREAT way to spend April's birthday.


Happy Birthday, sis, I love you!





On Sunday Mike's parents came down. Over the past couple of years, Mike's parents have come down and gone to the fair with us. Sunday morning they came down, and we enjoyed the morning with them. In fact, no one knew we were pregnant until this week, and we were able to share that news with them Sunday morning. We enjoyed a celebratory lunch at Red Lobster with them and then headed to the fair. I love the fair. It's perhaps one of my favorite summer activities. We walked around, looked at animals, walked the midway, and had ice cream. mmm...

Monday morning, April and Brian and myself headed to the fair again. This time with my grandparents. It was "old timers" day and they got in free! When we were little we would always go to the fair with them, because in the summer my grandparents watched us. We went early and walked through the barns.... LOTS of barns, and perhaps my favorite part of the fair. We met up with my grandparents and dodged rain drops between barns. We watched some pig judging, looked at the exhibits, and then it was time to the hit the midway!


Now, in my opinion, the midway is met for grazing, for snacking.... so off we went to decide what greasy food to get first! :) We ended up with pizza first, then some vinegar fries, then shared a HUGE pretzel, and finally some ice cream. I was stuffed and didn't get ice cream, but nonetheless it was all VERY VERY yummy. We watched some horse judging and my grandparents left. April and Brian and I continued around and looked at all sorts of fun stuff.


We walked and walked and spent from about 10-4 at the fair. It was great fun and definitely a tradition that we will always enjoy with my grandparents.



2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sonds like some fun! I agree about the Detroit Zoo not being laid out well though. We much prefer Binder Park. I'd love to go there yet this summer, but seeing as how it is already August, I don't know if it will happen or not...

Rebecca said...

that all sounds like so much fun!! the pics are nice, too! you definitely made me hungry for some fair food!!