Just asking for prayer for a good friend.
A dear friend of mine from college called 2 weeks ago to let me know they had decided to pull her dad's chemo treatments. They were not working and were going to try a pill of some sort, but had said they expected him to live only 6 months. I got an email from her on tuesday, and her dad has passed away. 2 weeks. I would imagine that was a bit surprising for them, being they had said 6 months.
He was young, in his 50's.
I haven't talked with her directly, but I know she is trying to be strong for her mom who has lost her husband and her sister who is currently going through a nasty divorce.
The visitation is tonight and the funeral is Friday.
Mike and I are headed up there tonight to spend some time with her.
On another note.... if you could pray for us... we, I say we, but really it's me....
I'm really struggling with being sick. It has come back full-force in the last week or so. It's just hard to deal with day in and day out. Yesterday I was at school and had to leave to go puke in the bushes outside. I'm tired of dealing with it all the time. I'm also not sleeping well at night which doesn't help. I'm easily up for 2-3 hours sometimes at night....
It's just hard right now to see the "end" with being sick and tired constantly.
Thanks guys.
1 comment:
praying praying praying. seems like a lot of people are losing their dad's lately...a friend of mine lost hers last week, too. so hard.
and praying for you sickness, too. i can't even imagine what you are going through right now. praying for strength and comfort!
Post a Comment