It's been busy busy around here!
1) We're MOVING! We have been looking and looking and looking for a new place to move. Our small 2 bedroom apartment was not going to cut it. We already have baby stuff stuffed in little holes! We have finally decided to move to a 2 bedroom townhouse. We will have infinitely more space. We were hoping for a 3 bedroom, but they had none available. 2 will be okay. The upstairs will be our bedroom, the baby's, and the bathroom. The main floor is the living room, kitchen, dining room, and half bath. The downstairs will have laundry, and we're thinking we will turn it into another room of sorts. So, we move thanksgiving weekend. It's going to be crazy. We are blessed to find this place, and we're really looking forward to setting up our new little home. :)
2)We've started our insane month of baby showers. We are BEYOND blessed, and will be having 4 baby showers before this peanut comes. We have one every weekend of Nov, except thanksgiving, which we are now moving on! We had our first yesterday. I was probably most excited about this one, because it was with my friends, many of whom I do not see regularly. 10 of us were able to be there, and so many more sent gifts, or gave money towards gifts which was just amazing! Our biggest blessing? We got our car seat! This is very exciting since we did decide to go with the bigger permanent car seat from the beginning, and it was quite expensive. Some other favorites? Several kids books, handmade burp cloths, and a ring sling made by Liz! Particularly impressive since she just had a baby this week... a big congratulations to you dear friend! :)
3) We are coming very close to settling on a name for this peanut. It has been challenging! Anyway, I can't share them since it will give the sex away,:) but I'm excited that we at least have it narrowed down!
4) My morning (all-day) sickness is back in full force being in my third trimester. However, I did have an appointment last week, and my dr. finally gave me a scrip for Zofran. It works pretty well, and doesn't make me tired. I still get sick sometimes, but I don't feel like I"m going to be sick 24-7 which is added bonus! :) Insomnia comes and goes. For example it's 3:40am and I'm wide awake, and have been since 2 am.
5)Mike has been swamped with homework with his classes, and is trying his best to balance all of that. I know it will be even more challenging when the baby arrives. We have decided that he will not be going to Pittsburgh in January. Part of his online degree is that every year they spend 1 week doing an intensive class all together. Last year it was in California. This year it's in Pittsburgh, but the dates were January 10-18 and I'm due the 20th. After lots of talking, and praying, we feel it's best to skip this year. It will put him a year behind in that, but he'll finish next may, then have to do the January class the following year. My sister is THRILLED that she isn't on baby alert duty! :)
3 comments:
sounds like things are going really well. glad you were able to find a bigger place. and aren't babyshowers such a blessing?!
Hi :)
Glad to hear you're moving...do you mind sharing where you're moving to? Sounds A LOT like where we used to live :)
And yes, it would be fantastic if you would be willing to bring dinner. Don't if you are too busy or are feeling yucky- I totally understand! And I make no promises for the state of my house, my dishes, or me. We've been pretty weepy the past 24 hours, and I only forsee it getting worse.
Surgery went okay, but I'm physically and emotionally exhausted. You've been there..you know. Sorry for so much "talk" - it keeps me from sobbing.
So to answer your question, yes dinner would be fantastic.
Dear friend, thank you. You have no idea how much this means.
Hurray for showers! I am glad you enjoyed the sling...and good thing I told April I wouldn't be there:)
Post a Comment