04 November, 2008

Nov. 4th


Today, November 4, 2008 is history in the making.
I'm kind of a political junkie, and I just LOVE this season. I love the debates, the articles, the polls, the stats,
I love it all.

This election has been particularly fascinating as we literally have history happening before our eyes. We have an African-American running for President, President of the United States! That thought captivates me, as 50 years ago that would never have been possible. On the other side, we have a woman running as the vice presidential candidate. Though, she is not the first woman to run that ticket, she is easily the first woman who has a legitimate shot at winning, and the same stat applies, 50 years ago, that never would have been possible!

Regardless of who you vote for, both speak volumes about where this country is headed, and I'm truly honored to be a part of this election. Both candidates are excellent, and today's vote will certainly be interesting. Political banter is the talk around our dinner table most evenings, which is entertaining, because Mike and I have differing opinions on this election, and well, it makes for good debates over chicken and potatoes. :)

I'm a firm believer in being an informed voter, and yesterday I spent a better part of my day reviewing the small weird things we vote for like the UofM Regents, and deciding who to cast my ballot in favor of.

So, I will say it once.
Please vote, and, more importantly,
if you ask me, be an informed voter!
And in case you're wondering, I will be downing lots of good ol' fashioned coffee tonight, because yes, I will stay up until the wee hours of the morning, soaking up the political commentary and enjoying the last day of this political season! :)

1 comment:

Tom and Ashley said...

oh I will be up too! lol I have become a political junkie since late high school or so...lol... :)