i have to say, i've felt relatively good through pregnancy. sure, i puke constantly, and still do at 36 weeks, but i've come to not think of that as anything. however, i've reached a new level of uncomfortable pain this weekend. i'm not sure exactly what has happened, but i suddenly have an excruciating amount of rib pain. i don't know if i've pulled something, whacked something out of place, or what, but i'm in an incredible about of pain. it hurts to sit, stand, breath deep, cough, laugh, blow my nose, and oh yes... puke...
everything i've read says this is pretty normal, and there isn't much they can do about it. the baby is growing, your uterus is expanding up into your rib cage, and there you have it.... pain. i've been taking tylenol and that doesn't even touch it. i'm posting at 3:30am, because it woke me up and i couldn't get back to sleep. most of what i read says you just have to take it easy and relax.. HAHAHA! I love that. I suppose Chrismas break is better than say a week ago, but I do have to go back to work in a week.
Have any of you ever dealt with this? Any tips? I have an appointment on tuesday, but i'm sure he'll say something really unhelpful like... oh yeah, that's really common, try tylenol... yeah. thanks. i'm guessing there isn't much i can do at this point except grin and bear it, but... what they hey, i'm willing to try just about anything, because honestly, this is worse than puking.
3 comments:
I had real bad rib pain with Lucas at the end, but it only lasted a few days. Dr. Mc said the culprit was probably Lucas' foot. With Holly though, I had horrible hip pain the last 4-6 weeks. It was sooo bad, all the time. Nothing helped my pain either. I feel for you, and I'm sorry!!
Yah, probably a little foot in your rib...try being on all fours...or a bath...sorry that little booger is giving you so much trouble!
i had lots of rib pain with leila and it was her jabbing her feet into my ribs. not much you can do besides try to change positions maybe. so sorry you are having this trouble!
Post a Comment