This morning we woke up to rain.
Per usual morning routine, I walked downstairs to put away some dishes, get coffee, you know the drill.
However, as soon as I walked downstairs, everything inside of me, said BARAKEL. A little odd, I thought, why was I thinking about camp at 6:30? Maybe because workshop starts this week?
Then it dawned on me.
We mulched our front porch area a couple of weeks ago. The smell of the rain, combined with the woodchips, triggered my many memories of camp, because you see, Barakel has woodchip paths EVERYWHERE. I really do mean everywhere. So apparantley everytime it rains this summer, I'll be thinking of Barakel. I guess it'll be nature's way of reminding us to pray for their summer of camping ministry.
2 comments:
how funny! Yes, it is raining here too...I forgot the diapers outside last night...oopps. Thanks for praying. Counselors are all here and starting Workshop full force this morning!
I woke up with a sense of Barakel today too... I've actually been having Barakel moments for the past couple of weeks... everything about this time of year screams Barakel to me!
Post a Comment