18 May, 2009

sunshine, sunshine in my soul today

When Mike and I began looking into cloth diapering, we weren't sure what we wanted or how we wanted to approach it, but we knew 2 things.
1) it would save us a ton of money
2) we felt we needed to be good stewards of our environment, and part of that meant not throwing away a zillion and a half diapers.

after hours and i mean HOURS of research, we decided to go ahead with BUM GENIUS. Yup, that's the name. The names out there are ridiculous. Fuzzi Bunz, Happy Heiny's, Kissaluvs.. yup. It's kind of crazy. Anyway, we have our trusty diapers, and have I mentioned I LOVE them? I mean, love. We thought when we began our cloth diapering adventure, that we would probably use disposables here and there, trips, church, etc etc. However, the more and more we use our cloth, the less and less we use disposables.

A couple of weeks ago we went to Cincinnati for the weekend. We decided to go with sposies since we were traveling. Well, over the course of 2 days, we had probably 3 blowouts, we never have blowouts in cloth. Levi never has diaper rash, we put him in disposables for 2 days, and guess what he had? yup.. diaper rash.

Anyway, all that to say that we have really enjoyed cloth diapering, despite the comments, and the looks when we tell people we do. It's not all that bad, and you know what's great for diapers?

Hanging them outside on a BEAUTIFUL sunshiney day to bleach out the stains.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

guess what i've got hanging out on my line right now?

Liz K said...

I love that mine are outside almost everyday now...but it looks like it might rain today...sad