Since last June, I've been playing at a church small church about 5 miles from our home. They got my name from someone at Spring Arbor, and called to see if I could fill in one week. I played off and on for them through the summer. In August they asked if I would consider playing more often. After some thought, Mike and I decided to go ahead with it. I continued playing 3 Sundays a month. This has continued with the idea that they would be...
a) hiring someone new full-time
b) the lady who previously played would come back (she had taken a hiatus as her husband was in failing health)
Today, the man who has been my contact person, came and talked to me about the church wanting to hire me full-time. Basically I'd just be there main pianist.. I don't know that it would involve much more work than it does now... Mike and I have always felt that we wanted to be a part of a church, not just me be "playing" at a church. I could easily get a job at any church playing, but we don't want that. We want to be part of a church body, we want to grow, connect, worship, serve.
For months now we've been going back and forth between this little church in Concord, and Spring Arbor. We've talked here and there about either
a) moving to concord completely
b) quitting concord and going back to SAFMC
We really like Concord. It's a small very close knit church. There are maybe 50-60 total people there. With that comes an incredibly close-knit body of Christ, also with that comes an opportunity to minister, to be really involved...
but with all of that means we leave the church we've grown to love for the past 4 years.... a church that Mike is currently seeking ordination in, a church we really truly love.....
We feel very stuck. We've grown to love both churches for different reasons, but we also feel like the flip-flopping back and forth is getting old and makes it hard for us to really be involved in one or the other... we feel like it's decision time one way or the other..
would you be in prayer for us over this? It's not about the money at all, but we really want to seek what the Lord would have for us as a family right now.... that we would do what He has for us.
2 comments:
will do friend! Can't wait to see you next week!
I know what you mean about flip-flopping between churches. We did that for almost two years. It's really, really hard to feel involved in either of them when you aren't there every single week. Now that we are in Texas, we have found one church to be able to attend regularly, and it is glorious. I will be in prayer for your family as you make this decision. I would love to know what you decide. :o)
Post a Comment