I woke up this morning excited. It almost felt like Christmas. I jumped out of bed, and peered back the curtains... what did Snowpocalypse 2011 Blizzard bring us?
For being a blizzard warning, it was not very exciting. Let's just say that. Sure, there was quite a bit of snow and all.. but blizzard status?
I think not. but it was still a snow day... and that was exciting!
I had big plans... soup in the crockpot, homemade bread, yogurt making, brownie making, playing in the snow, kind of days.....
We commenced our normal routine.
Levi ate his breakfast.... only to throw it up 15 minutes later... and that was when the day went downhill. Levi was a wreck.. not feeling well etc etc... I was diappointed... I wanted to go outside and play, amongst a myriad of other things on my to-do list. I finally got him napping around noon. He slept a little over an hour before waking up with a raging fever of 104. I gave him some tylenol, and he slept another 2 hours in my arms. And yes, it had to be in my arms, anytime I tried to lay him down, he woke up screaming.
He ate a little bit, and kept it down (for which I was thankful) but then his fever started to rise again... by the time Mike got home it was back up to 104. We decided he should run into town to get some Motrin so we could alternate tylenol\motrin. He left. I dealt with kiddo. We gave him a bath which temporarily cooled him down...
Mike called.
The store in town didn't have any children's motrin, so off to J-town he went. Mike got home, walked in the door, and realized he had dropped an envelope containing several hundred dollars in it at the store.... I tried to remain calm, but I was not..
THIS WAS NOT THE DAY I HAD IN MIND.
He left... I continued to rock\soothe Levi and began praying that the Lord would give Mike keen eyes and a calm spirit as he looked for the money...
and then the Lord whispered to me..
It's still a good day. I'm still in charge, and know everything that's going on.. It may not be the day that you had planned or envisioned, but...
It's STILL a good day...
Thank you Lord for your promises... and for being faithful.
(P.S. we found the $$... it had fallen in a crack in the car)
2 comments:
Glad for the reminder and that you found the money!
great reminder...and so glad you found the money!
Post a Comment