26 August, 2009

chocolate zuchinni bread

Chocolate Zuchinni Bread

I know it sounds weird, but trust me, it's worth it.

2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate ( I used cocoa powder and oil)
3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil ( I used 1\2 C oil and 1\2 C applesauce)
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Combine dry ingredient, add wet ones.. you know the drill for bread, i'm sure. :)
It makes 2 loaves 350 for 60-70 minutes

Um. yeah. I don't have a picture of it because it was so good we ate it way too quickly. I did have the foresight to freeze one loaf, but it does look tempting in the freezer.

try it out. you'll love it!

I also just got a recipe for imitation crab cakes with zuchinni.
i'm excited to try them

2 comments:

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

Thanks for the recipe! I just froze some grated zucchini on Sunday night... and I have lots of unsweetened chocolate squares in my freezer, too! I can't wait to try this recipe... maybe for David's birthday next month!

Sonya said...

Mmm, choclate zuchinni bread is amazing! Sometimes I put chocolate chips in my plain zuchinni bread...they just go so well together. Who knew?