Vacation Bible School set up, the garden is in full swing meaning i am canning, chopping, freezing, dehydrating every moment I have, we're having a Garage Sale tomorrow, and the list goes on.
We went to bible school the first and last nights to see how it went, and the last night to tear down. here are some pictures. that's the stage in full-use, lights and all. pictures do not do it justice. those trees you see are 22ft tall.

This next picture was probably my favorite part of the decorations. It was our dock. It was carpet squares that we painstakingly hot glued to cardboard. It took a very long time, but it was totally worth it. I loved it!

This is the shack that we built. It's 9 ft tall by 12 ft wide. We made it out of styrofoam. It was lots of fun, and looked awesome!

On the highest night there were 309 kids there. What a blessing, and what an incredible ministry. 309 kids heard the gospel this week, and we had a hand in helping to keep the kids attention in the swampy old lousiana bayou.
The kids brought in pop cans boys vs. girls to raise money for children's schools supplies in Burundi, Africa. They raised just over $1500. That's enough supplies for over 700 kids.
Praise God for His work!
3 comments:
wow, that is one crazy set for VBS! Nice work. :) is that SAFM?
VBS is such a fun childhood memory for me....*sigh* so long ago.
reminds me of the sets from the VBS at our church in Holland...we would have 250 workers for it! Great job guys! And hang in there with the canning. I think I am almost done. However, I think I might have found tomotoes for a decent price...uggg...don't really want to do them, but probably should!
sonya yes it is SAFM...
Post a Comment