I knew I'd have an exciting choir story!
One of the fun things about going to festival is seeing all the different choirs perform, but it's also fun to be a little nosy and see what the other choirs are getting, what they are singing etc.
So today we went, and Rox (the director) and I went to headquarters to check in and see what was going on. We were looking at the sheet and this one choir got a NR (no rating). This choir is one of THE top choirs in our area. So we said.. what's up with that?!?! We found out that there is this small little rule that if you change your pieces you have to tell them a week ahead of time or you're techinically disqualified. They were also disqualifying another group because they sang a different piece out of the same movement. So, the rules were definitely in play and the judges were being pretty harsh.
Right before our last choir sang, Rox said, shoot we have oohs instead of the hmmm that's written am I going to get in trouble for that?!? One of the higher ups said, no don't worry about it. Well afterwards we went to get our rating and they had posted NR. They pulled in the top head lady and she said.. well Rox, I need to talk to you about that... and thus proceeded this explanation of oohs vs. hums... well... turns out... it was all a HUGE JOKE! The whole office was on it! I thought Rox was going to go through the roof, and I just kept thinking oh gosh, I have to ride back with her, but they were just being dumb with her.. thank goodness for that!! : )
so thats my choir story..
1 comment:
Ha - too funny!
Post a Comment