17 April, 2008

Going "LIVE" in 5,4,3,2,1....

Can I just say I love going "live" in a performance?

This morning was our first show. We put on the show for some students from the districts alternative ed program. The girl who was playing Amneris (who is the egyptian princess) was being played by the understudy this morning.

Being an understudy is a difficult job because unfortunately you get no stage time and then you're on... She did a decent job. She missed a lot of cues, but we covered and we got through them.

Most interesting?

There is a scene where the princess is trying to seduce the prince. Meanwhile, the prince is having an affair with the Princess' handmaiden, so he is really not interested in Amneris. So, in an effort to seduce him, she throws her clothes onto stage from her bedroom. He is not coming to see her so she finally comes storming down the steps in a bed sheet.
She was walking around stage with the bed sheet and she went to walk back up the stairs, and the bed sheet came unraveled and off it came and there she stood... THANKFULLY she was wearing nude leggings and a nude tanktop underneath, but, from the house, she looked naked. If that's not funny enough on it's own... she was wearing her microphone pack around her waist, which was just a white velcro strip, and then the mic pac was in the middle of her back... and with everything position the way it was, it looked like she was naked on stage, wearing a white thong...
I felt terrible for her. She recovered the best she could, and kept going..

have I mentioned I LOVE going live??
You never know what's going to happen....

No comments: