Sometimes life feels crazy.
These last few weeks have just been totally insane around here. I've been running to about every choir program, concert, musical and everything else in the county it seems. Everyday is filled with "extras."
This morning I have state choir festival. Normally I drive myself to festival, but with the rising gas prices, I've opted to ride with the kids. NOT my first choice, but it will save gas which right now we don't have any choice but to worry about. So onward and upward towards a busride with highschoolers! :)
Friday I'm leaving for Chicago with one of the choirs I play for. We will be gone for the weekend. We are singing at a museum for about 45 minutes, and beyond that? everything is play. 2 broadway shows, shedd aquarium, several great resturants, shopping, lodging, and my grand total price?!?! 2 lunches on the road. yup, that's right! those are the "perks" of my job. A trip to Chicago virtually free of charge.
Mike has been busy with school and work. His job has been picking up and the last couple of weeks he has worked upwards of 55 hours. Between the two of us, our jobs, and our concerts, and church stuff, it seems we're never even home at the same time. We will get through it. I'm pushing through until June then it's SUMMER BREAK!
That's it for now. Maybe I'll have an exciting choir festival story later today! :)
1 comment:
Pretty cool you get to go to Chicago - wow! :) Awesome perk!
Post a Comment