26 August, 2008

gardening and canning

tomatoes tomatoes everywhere!

well.. it's definitely time to start canning.. these are the tomatoes we brought home in just one visit to the garden... i'm off to the store today to buy some lids and then i'll spend most of my morning canning.

and just for fun.... here's a picture of howie. it was rather cool this morning at 48, not to mention i had the windows open in the house. i was picking up and laid the blanket on the back of the couch. How was laying there, so I just laid it over him thinking he'd move... well 20 minutes later, this is how i found him.... maybe he's trying to tell me something??


2 comments:

Liz K said...

You go girl! Canning while pregnant! I decided that I wasn't up to that this year! Maybe next fall! And that is a whole lot of tomatoes! Have fun and pace yourself!

Rebecca said...

nice lot of tomatoes you got there! have fun canning them up!