17 November, 2011

38 weeks

I had my OB appt this morning, and really if I'm being honest, I was dreading it. I was up in the night stressing about it. I realize this is ridiciulous, but it's all I've been thinking about.

However today I learned that it pays to have a friend in L&D.

When he walked in this morning he said.. you've been talking to J haven't you?? I said, uh.. maybe? and he laughed, and said J gave me her big speech about a patient of mine and I immediately knew it was you even though she wouldn't tell me who it was, and I smiled a little because he was listening

so we stand here. and i'm feeling okay with it.
he respects my desire for a vbac.

1) If I dialate to a 2-3 in the next couple weeks he will induce me and let me try naturally.
2) He is also willing to wait until after my EDD to schedule a C... right now it's scheduled for Dec. 2.
3) He said if i go into labor on my own, he'll let me labor so that's great news as well...

Right now I'm feeling peaceful about those decisions and feeling like while it's not 100% what I was hoping for, I feel like we've compromised well....

now to get this baby movin' on her own :)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

that's great...good for you for standing up for you and baby!

Liz K said...

yeah!!!!