23 November, 2011

fridge folly

Because it's more fun the day before thanksgiving.

Tuesday night, I noticed our fridge seemed warmer than normal. It was still kicking on, but it just didn't seem cold enough to me. We ran to the store and bought a fridge thermometer to check the temp. This morning, our fridge was reading 48.

Now after 24 hours of good ol' google, I've learned that your fridge needs to read between 30-40 degrees, amongst many other food safety issues. So, this morning we called our landlord to get the problem fixed.

9:30 original meet n greet. He looks at fridge, tinkers with a couple of things, puts his thermometer in to read, just in case mine is bad, and says call in 2 hours if nothing changes. nothing changed.

second call.

1:15.. second visit. He tinkers with a few more things, including fixing the ice maker which I could really care less about and says to call in 2 hours if nothing changes. nothing changed.

third call. manager says it will be replaced tonight.

I'm out for a walk with a friend and her two kiddos... we head home.

chaos erupts.

Levi and his friend are playing, and break a picture frame, glass everywhere, and Levi crying because he's got a giant gash in his hand. I'm in the bathroom tending to Levi, and my friend is sweeping up glass in the offending area.

after chaos calms down, Ingrid said she heard someone say "hello?" while we were dealing with everything. I can only assume it was fridge man coming back, but said nothing more and left.

so now here we sit.... 6pm thanksgiving eve, my fridge is still is reading above 40, and we now can't get ahold of the manager via the "emergency" cell number that we have.

Did I mention we're having everyone over here for thanksgiving tomorrow??

some days just seem harder than others.

1 comment:

Liz K said...

oh Jen! So hard...so sorry friend!