23 November, 2011

39 weeks and counting

Well, today at my appointment everything looked fine. I am feeling a bit defeated knowing that if nothing happens on it's own between now and next friday, I've got nothing but a c-section in front of me. Dr. M is not even planning on seeing me next week, he just plans to see me for my C. He asked if I had any questions about the C, I told him that I didn't want it, and he said, well besides that, I already know that much...

oh and he told me I had cankles... nice, dude, nice. :) He wasn't being mean, but it was funny. I said, yea it's funny when it's not your legs now isn't... and he said.. true, i'd be worried if they were mine :)


I guess the only bright side in all of this is that if nothing else in 9 days, we will be holding our sweet and precious baby girl... and that friends is something to be excited about, no matter how she makes her appearance. So baby girl? If you're listening... know how very much we love you and how much we can't wait to hold you in 9 short days. We're counting the days til we meet you.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Hang in there! She may surprise you after all--there is nothing you can do to start it, but labor has a funny way of happening when you aren't expecting it--maybe you'll have a Thanksgiving baby after all :-) I'll be praying for you--God knows how this is all going to play out and you'll have your little one on the outside soon!

The Scott Household said...

I highly doubt he was being mean, from what I've experienced with him. I really believe he's just trying to watch out for you and little Miss. He told me the same thing right before we found out I was damned near pre-eclamptic. Thank God Moira came early.

Praying for a speedy delivery, no matter the process.