02 November, 2011

36 weeks

"We won't stop you if you go into labor"

Those words, friends, are magical at this point in pregnancy, except that I'm sure nothing even remotely exciting in that area will happen, especially since he checked me today and I quote "hard and closed". nice, huh?

We followed today's OB appt up with an ultrasound to check positioning and growth etc. These are my stats

Based on ovulation I would say I'm about 35 weeks.
According to my LMP (and my OB), I'm 36
According to my ultrasound today, I'm measuring at 37 weeks 3 days.

She (and it's definitely a girl) is head down, 150bpm, and currently an approximate size of 7lbs 7oz. This is not encouraging. My OB feels strongly the reason I did not dialate last time was due to size. (Levi was 9 even). I've been rallying for a VBAC for a long time, and have finally convinced him to let me try, though I"m sure the results of this ultrasound are going to take us back to square one on that conversation.

I have to say that's a little disappointing? frustrating? I know what he'll say, and I know it's coming, and I have a week to figure out what to say\do about it. Do I just say I'm doing the VBAC, and if I have 24 hours of labor and end up with another repeat C, so be it? Do I say, let's go ahead with a C-section? I wish there were an easy answer. I do know I"ll be making a call to a dear friend who works in L&D today to get her thoughts on it.


Just continuing to pray for wisdom on this road.
We want to do what's best for her and for me.


Overall, I'm feeling ok.

still sick and puking? check
tired? check
feeling done? check
severe hip paint? check
trying to savor these precious moments as a family of 3? check

2 comments:

Jill said...

I always thought a c section would be awesome because labor sucks so badly...but then, I never had a c section...I did thoroughly, enjoy my one and only epidural (Travis) :)

Liz K said...

Just to remind you...the goal of all of this is a healthy baby and mama...and if that means a c section, praise God we live in a day and age and place where that can happen! But I understand your desire for a VBAC...praying for wisdom friend!