37 weeks.
I knew it was coming. I absolutely 100% called the conversation I"d have with my OB today.. your baby is measuring big you should have a c-section.... I told myself repeatedly it was coming. And yet still, it catches me off guard.
He told me today he is strongly advising a repeat C. He doesn't want it to become an emergency situation etc etc, and I understand where he is coming from. I really do, but I also want him to understand where I'm coming from.
I called a friend who works in L&D to get her advice, and in her sage wisdom she told me these things..
1) The baby IS measuring big... even if you take off a 1.5 pounds, she's still "big" for her gestation.
2) In my fit of frustration, I considered jumping ship on my OB this morning, she said that really, where we live, jumping ship isn't an option. She said there is not another OB that would take me at 37 weeks. bottom line. At some point the drs have to "circle the wagons" and trust each other's judgement, and if they let people switch around like that at the end it would get too chaotic. And really.. I don't want to switch OB's this late in the game.
3) She suggested I agree to a C, but only on the terms that it be scheduled after my due date. Her thought being that A) that semi-appeases my OB, and B) gives me a good shot at going into labor on my own. If I reach said c-section date, then I"ll have a C.. no questions or complaints on my end. Meanwhile do everything I can to help naturally induce labor etc... anyone up for a good long walk??
4) Sit and pray on it for a while, talk with Mike, and feel peace about whatever decision we make.
So thats where we are. Truly, praying for wisdom, that the Lord will direct us in which way we should go.
Meanwhile, I've got some christmas shopping to finish up.... ;)
2 comments:
oh friend! praying for a good decision on eveyone's part!
oh what a dilemma! praying for you! and finishing Christmas shopping?! i haven't even started!
Post a Comment