30 November, 2011

40+

Well our due date came and went, not really to my surprise. I was a week late with Levi, so it wasn't really shocking to me. I do feel like I"m having a lot more contractions, sometimes they're strong enough and consistent enough that I think

MAYBE???

and then just as soon as I think that, they go away.

She has from now until Friday morning to make her appearance on her own, or I will be in for a c-section. If you think of it, would you pray that everything goes just the way the Lord has ordained it? I've so badly wanted a VBAC this time around, but with each day that passes, I feel like my odds are slipping away. Sometimes I'm okay with it (like yesterday morning as I bolted out of bed at 4 am to puke and thought I'm SO done), and other days, I'm a little disappointed in the way things feel like they are turning out... though she could still surprise us. :)

Today the world was blanketed with a beautiful white snow. Everything was coated with beauty and grace, and the world felt like it stood still for a few hours this morning. Freshly fallen snow always reminds me of the Lord's grace in our lives, covering up the ugly, the downtrodden, and presenting us anew to our savior.. What a great picture of the Lord directing us again to His love and glory.