Up until last week we were heading to Mike's parents for Thanksgiving. Then I asked my OB about traveling, and he wasn't too thrilled with the idea of me traveling that far. Mike and I spent some time talking about it, and in the end decided we'd stay here. So, plans changed, and we ended up having everyone over to our house. All I had to do was set the table and have a clean house. My mom did all the cooking and brought it. Now that's a deal friends! :) We enjoyed a lovely afternoon of eating too much, going on a nice walk, and playing at the park. We're settling in for the night now, knowing that for many people, they are starting the rampant race to the stores...
and yet,
Tonight, I find myself wanting a quiet peace, as we settle in for what will soon be the start of Advent, as we wait and prepare for the coming birth of our Savior. Maybe my keen awareness of waiting is that we are waiting... waiting expectantly and maybe not so patiently for our daughter to arrive. She will be here before we know it, and I'm well aware of that with every kick to my ribs, and jab to my bladder.
How Mary must have felt in those final days before Jesus was born, knowing that she was carrying the King, that she had been chosen to be His mother..How she must have felt..
excited? terrified? unsure? awestruck?
May the beginning of your holiday season be a time of peace and of love, as we remind ourselves that we are still waiting, this time for the second return of our Savior, to see his Kingdom completed.
2 comments:
this is lovely, jen...
"Tonight, I find myself wanting a quiet peace, as we settle in for what will soon be the start of Advent, as we wait and prepare for the coming birth of our Savior." I love this... thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Post a Comment